When was the Parliamentary Building constructed?

 

The foundation stone for the Parliamentary Building was laid on December 18th, 1956, by the then Governor of Uganda Sir Andrew Cohen.

Construction of the main building commenced in 1958. On the October 5th 1962 the then Prime Minster Apollo Milton Obote laid the foundation stone for the independence Arch, at the entrance to the Parliamentary Building.