The APLESA Mandate is derived from its strategic Vision, Mission and the objectives namely;
- The Vision of APLESA is “to be an Association of excellence, advancing inter-parliamentary library co-operation within Eastern and Southern Africa.”
- The APLESA Mission is “to enable Parliaments, through networking and information resource sharing, to make informed decisions.”
- The Objectives are provided for in the APLESA constitution, Article III, section 1-4. They are;
- To promote co-operation and resource sharing among members Parliaments (APLESA)
- To promote communication and networking among APLESA
- To promote capacity building among members
- To promote best services in service delivery.